Helpful hints… in memory of Lucy Hatfield
1. Let doughnuts stand 15 minutes before frying.
2. Use potato water when making rolls. Keeps bread fresh longer.
3. If brown sugar hardens, place an apple in container, seal and let set 1 day. Remove apple and pull apart with fork.
4. When using confectioner’s, use 1 teaspoon liquid at a time.
5. Cheese is more flavorful when served at room temperature. Remove 1 hour before serving.
6. For flaky pie crust, measure flour and fat into the bowl and chill at least an hour before mixing.